Resource Conservation and Rangeland Development Loan Program (RCRDP) - The Conservation Commission invites landowners to apply for low-interest loans to install conservation measures on private property.
Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP) – The Conservation Commission leads state efforts on CREP, a federal program which offers financial incentives to landowners to reduce ground water consumption in the Snake River Plain Aquifer by taking marginal farm ground out of production.
Planning & Delivery Programs
Water Quality - The Commission provides a variety of voluntary programs to improve Idaho's water quality including preparing Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) implementation plans, overseeing districts' Antidegradation Plans (Five Year Plans), and Ground Water Quality Programs. All of these are designed to improve water quality in surface and ground water that has been impacted by agricultural runoff.
Idaho OnePlan - Create a Conservation Plan online for your farm/ranch property.
Unfunded ongoing programs. By statute, we are also responsible to provide the following programs:
- Water Quality Program for Agriculture (WQPA) - Idaho Code: §22-2734; IDAPA 02.05.03
- Conservation Improvement Grants - Idaho Code: §22-2733
- Carbon Sequestration – Idaho Code: §22-5201, et. seq.
- Idaho Ag Pollution Abatement Plan (funded received in FY 2014 to update Plan) - Idaho Code: §39-3601; IDAPA 02.03.01; IDAPA 02.05.02; Federal: Clean Water Act (PL 92-500, §208)
- Watershed Improvement District Formation and Dissolution - Idaho Code: §42-3701, et. seq.