Resource Conservation & Rangeland Development Program (RCRDP)
Currently, there is a single loan limit of $200,000 and $300,000 maximum for any individual borrower. Loan rates are:
- 2.75% for a 1- to 7-year term
- 3% for an 8- to 10-year term
- 3.25% for an 11- to 12-year term
- 3.5% for a 13- to 15-year term loan
- 5.25% with new equipment & 2nd mortgages as collateral
- 6% with used equipment & 2nd mortgages as collateral
The Conservation Commission invites landowners to apply for low-interest loans to install conservation measures on private property. Eligible projects address soil and water issues, like improving riparian areas or enhancing fish and wildlife habitat.
A partial list of eligible projects includes:
- Irrigation equipment
- No-till drills
- Animal feeding operation improvements
- Livestock fencing
- Stream bank protection
How to Apply
- Contact us (see contacts below) to discuss your conservation project.
- To qualify for a low-interest loan, a conservation plan must be completed.
- Your local conservation district will review and rank your project.
- Submit your completed confidential loan application and required supporting documents directly to the Conservation Commission.
Click here for instructions for completing and remitting forms.
Have questions? See our FAQ for answers to questions about our low-interest loan program.
Please note: Low interest conservation loans are for new projects only. The Commission does not refinance already funded or completed projects.