Resource Conservation & Rangeland Development Program (RCRDP)
Please note: Low interest conservation loans are for new projects only. The Commission does not refinance already funded or completed projects. The maximum amount of any one loan is $600,000.
Loan rates are:
- 1% for up to a 7-year term
- 1.25% for a 10-year term
- 1.5% for a 15-year term loan
- 3.5% with new equipment & 2nd mortgages as collateral
- 4.5% with used equipment & 2nd mortgages as collateral
The Conservation Commission invites landowners to apply for low-interest loans to install conservation measures on private property. Eligible projects address soil and water issues, like improving riparian areas or enhancing fish and wildlife habitat.
A partial list of eligible projects includes:
- Irrigation equipment
- No-till drills
- Animal feeding operation improvements
- Livestock fencing
- Stream bank protection
Have questions? See our FAQ for answers to questions about our low-interest loan program.
How to Apply
- Contact us (see info below) to discuss your conservation project.
- Work with Commission staff to develop the required conservation plan for your project that will be reviewed and ranked by your local conservation district.
- Submit a completed loan application (click to read our Loan Fact Sheet and Loan Application Steps, instructions for completing and remitting forms) directly to our loan staff. Loan applications are confidential and not released to Districts or other agencies.
For more information, contact Terry Hoebelheinrich at email@example.com, or call 208-332-1790.